Paying for Care

Many people are concerned about the cost of community care services, whether they are charges for services which people receive in their home and/or community or for residential accommodation. This involves a whole range of different issues, including whether you may have to sell your home to pay for your care or how the weekly cost of the care you receive at home is calculated.

This is an area where the law in England and Wales is beginning to diverge, particularly following the introduction by the Welsh Government of the Social Care Charges (Means Assessment & Determination of Charges) (Wales) Regulations 2011 in respect of non-residential charges. There are a number of differences, for example, in Wales, there is a maximum charge of £50 per week for non-residential services, although no such universal maximum applies in England.

At Sinclairslaw, we have the knowledge and experience to help you with the concerns you may have about paying for care, whether it relates to paying for residential care or the costs of receiving care at home and in the community.

Home Adaptations >>>

Specialist Community Care Solicitors - Here to Help

Contact us today: or by telephone on (029) 2070 6444


The information contained in this web site is provided solely for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Sinclairslaw does not give any endorsement, warranty or representation, expressed or implied by statute collaterally or otherwise with regard to the products or services which are advised or promoted on this or any linked sites.

Sinclairslaw accept no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from errors or omissions of information contained in the web site or other site that may be linked to this site from time to time or for reliance on any such information. It is important that those who have access to the site and require help take proper legal advice by contacting the firm of Sinclairs so that we can properly advise on the information that you are able to provide us.

Legal services that we provide

Sinclairslaw is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority 174130.

Copyright © 1997-2014 Sinclairslaw