Unmarried Couples

Where parties who have been cohabiting decide to separate whilst there is no need to issue proceedings for either divorce or judicial separation to formally end the marriage issues surrounding the separation still need to be resolved. For example, the arrangements in respect of the children and financial matters. We encourage clients to attempt to resolve these matters on an amicable basis if possible with the assistance of advice from one of our experienced solicitors and via a referral to mediation. If an agreement is reached on an amicable basis then the provisions of the agreement can be incorporated into a separation agreement. In the event that no agreement can be reached then Court proceedings can be issued to determine:-

  1. A party’s interest in a property or to obtain an Order for sale
  2. The arrangements in respect of the children


The information contained in this web site is provided solely for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Sinclairslaw does not give any endorsement, warranty or representation, expressed or implied by statute collaterally or otherwise with regard to the products or services which are advised or promoted on this or any linked sites.

Sinclairslaw accept no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from errors or omissions of information contained in the web site or other site that may be linked to this site from time to time or for reliance on any such information. It is important that those who have access to the site and require help take proper legal advice by contacting the firm of Sinclairs so that we can properly advise on the information that you are able to provide us.

Legal services that we provide

Sinclairslaw is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority 174130.

Copyright © 1997-2014 Sinclairslaw