Can I register my same-sex relationship?

Two people who are of the same sex and who are over the age of 16 (although if you are under 18 you will need parental consent) can create a Civil Partnership.

They must both have been residents within the UK for a period of 7 days.

The Act even provides for a procedure whereby housebound persons are able to register upon production of a medical certificate certifying this. Detained persons are also able to register their relationships provided a statement is made in the prescribed form.


The information contained in this web site is provided solely for information purposes only. It does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Sinclairslaw does not give any endorsement, warranty or representation, expressed or implied by statute collaterally or otherwise with regard to the products or services which are advised or promoted on this or any linked sites.

Sinclairslaw accept no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from errors or omissions of information contained in the web site or other site that may be linked to this site from time to time or for reliance on any such information. It is important that those who have access to the site and require help take proper legal advice by contacting the firm of Sinclairs so that we can properly advise on the information that you are able to provide us.

Legal services that we provide

Sinclairslaw is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority 174130.

Copyright © 1997-2014 Sinclairslaw