033 0202 0707 029 2038 8398

Our Complaints Procedure

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here: February 2024 complaints handling procedure. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.

The time limits for referring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman will be no later than:

  • one year from the date of the act or omission about which you are complaining, and
  • one year from the date when the complainant should have realised that there was cause for complaint.

If you fail to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within this timeframe, it is unlikely that your complaint will be investigated.

For further information, please contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333, enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk or visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk.

The Legal Ombudsman may be contacted by post at Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority