Keep up to date with latest legal developments
Following on from the Sinclairslaw Webinar last week, on Thursday 09 April 2020 at 3:00pm the firm will be hosting the second in our series of live sessions. This week’s Webinar will be dealing with the calculation of grades in the absence of traditional examinations.
On 03 April 2020, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (‘Ofqual’) published guidance as to this issue. Although the guidance will be amended and developed further, there are a number of areas that will undoubtedly be of interest to parents, carers and pupils alike. The session will cover the following topics:
- What qualifications are covered by the guidance?
- What factors will the calculation process take into account?
- How will those calculations be standardised and moderated nationally?
- When will these results be released and what are the potential avenues of challenge?
- What about students who have or require reasonable adjustments?
There will be an opportunity to have your questions answered during the live Webinar, so please do feel free to contribute. We sincerely look forward to hosting you!
Alternatively please see below instructions in how to watch the webinar on Thursday:
- Search the firms CEO “Michael Charles” on Facebook
- Once Michael’s profile appears, click “Follow”
- At the time the seminar is due to start, go onto Michael’s profile and the webinar will appear at 3pm on Thursday in his timeline.
1. Go to the Zoom website – www.zoom.us
2. Click on “Join a Meeting” at the top right of the page
3. On the Join a Meeting page, enter the Webinar ID which is 642 164 645 and press “Join”. There is no need to enter spaces for the Webinar ID as this is done automatically.
4. After pressing “Join”, you will see a message which says When prompted, select Run. You should see a bar at the bottom of the screen asking if you wish to Run, Save or Cancel Zoom. Select the “Run” button. Please not other browsers may show this message slightly differently.
If you do not have a pop up similar to the below screenshot select “download here”
5. A loading bar will then appear stating “Your meeting will begin soon”. Please wait up to 10 seconds for this to fully load up.
6. A box will then appear asking you to enter your name and password. The meeting password is grades. Then select “Join Meeting”.
7. You will then be asked to enter your email and name. Once you have done so please select “Join Webinar”.
9. You will then after a few seconds be entered into the Webinar and please wait for this to begin at 3:00pm.
10. Whilst waiting or once the webinar is underway, you can ask questions by pressing the “Q&A”
11. Once pressed the following box will appear and you can type your question and hit send. If you tick the “Send anonymously” button before sending your question, your name will not appear with your question. These questions will go to our host Mike Charles who will then discuss this with the panel