Keep up to date with latest legal developments
On Friday 17th April 2020 at 3pm, our free webinar is a rare chance to hear from some of the UK’s leading experts in special educational needs. As part of the Sinclairslaw COVID-19 series of presentations, we are delighted that we will joined by an educational psychologist, speech and language therapist and occupational therapist as well as a panel of legal experts.
The presentation will discuss the current Covid19 crisis and the impact it is having on many children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The presentation will deal with practical suggestions and some of the likely issues which may arise during and after the crisis as children prepare once again to return to school.
Speakers to include:-
Michael Charles – Sinclairslaw CEO & Head of Education
Vivienne Clifford – Educational Psychologist
Juanita Hurley – Speech and Language Therapist
Melinda Eriksen – Occupational Therapist
David Lawson – Barrister
Charlotte Hadfield – Barrister
Chris Barnett – Senior Associate Solicitor at Sinclairslaw
Topics will include:
- Children in isolation – how to support them and prepare them for transition back to school.
- Potential problems – frustration, lapse in performance academically and socially?
- Child assessments during the lockdown period. How can we perform an OT, SLT or Ed Psych assessment?
- Legal problems (including any advantages) in preparing for tribunal during this period?
- Q and A
We look forward to welcoming you at 3pm on Friday 17th April 2020. The webinar will be live on Zoom, and Facebook, with instructions to join below. Don’t miss it.
- Search the firms CEO “Michael Charles” on Facebook
- Once Michael’s profile appears, click “Follow”
- At the time the seminar is due to start, go onto Michael’s profile and the webinar will appear at 3pm on Thursday in his timeline.
1. Go to the Zoom website – www.zoom.us
2. Click on “Join a Meeting” at the top right of the page
3. On the Join a Meeting page, enter the Webinar ID which is 491 345 783 and press “Join”. There is no need to enter spaces for the Webinar ID as this is done automatically.
4. After pressing “Join”, you will see a message which says When prompted, select Run. You should see a bar at the bottom of the screen asking if you wish to Run, Save or Cancel Zoom. Select the “Run” button. Please not other browsers may show this message slightly differently.
If you do not have a pop up similar to the below screenshot select “download here”
5. A loading bar will then appear stating “Your meeting will begin soon”. Please wait up to 10 seconds for this to fully load up.
6. A box will then appear asking you to enter your name and password. The meeting password is specialweb. Then select “Join Meeting”.
7. You will then be asked to enter your email and name. Once you have done so please select “Join Webinar”.
9. You will then after a few seconds be entered into the Webinar and please wait for this to begin at 3:00pm.
10. Whilst waiting or once the webinar is underway, you can ask questions by pressing the “Q&A”
11. Once pressed the following box will appear and you can type your question and hit send. If you tick the “Send anonymously” button before sending your question, your name will not appear with your question. These questions will go to our host Mike Charles who will then discuss this with the panel