033 0202 0707 029 2038 8398

Judicial Separation


Judicial Separation is an alternative to divorce and is often relied upon where divorce proceedings cannot be issued for example where the parties have not been married for a period of 1 year. The procedure is virtually identical to divorce proceedings save that the proceedings conclude with a Decree of Judicial Separation. This differs from a Decree Absolute and does not end the marriage.

It is important to note that the parties remain married and the financial implications of this need to be properly considered and the appropriate advice obtained with regard to the preparation of a Will.

Judicial Separation may be a favoured option due to religion or length of marriage.

Contact our Accredited Expert Family Law Team for further information.