We are seeking full-time solicitors (desirably with a minimum of 2 years PQE) in both of our main offices to handle a diverse and interesting caseload which is part of our renowned education, community care and public law practice. We act for clients in various matters in claims against schools, universities, and other education providers as well as local authorities and central government bodies, with a particular focus on judicial review, breach of contract, negligence, discrimination, tribunal appeals, and human rights cases. The capacity of our main office in Cardiff is being substantially increased. There are also opportunities in our current London office. We are also keen to further expand our work involving claims against public authorities for which we have a legal aid contract.
Competitive salary (depending on experience) in the range of 35k to 50K. Applicants with greater seniority are invited because higher remuneration is negotiable.
Starting date: From summer 2023
- Minimum of 2 years PQE in litigation
- Proven ability to manage a profitable caseload of mixed private and legal aid work.
- Commercial awareness and financial acumen.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in bringing/defending civil claims against/on behalf of schools, universities, or public bodies.
- Experience in bringing/defending claims based on the Equality Act 2010
- Advocacy skills
- Supervision experience
- Experience of special educational needs
Experience of dispute resolution, including fitness to practise, employment and discrimination disputes in the higher education sector.
Closing date: Thursday 20 July 2023