Sinclairslaw Ltd is looking for a full-time apprentice accounts assistant to join our very busy and expanding accounts team. You will be eager to learn and willing to gain accounting qualifications (AAT levels 2, 3 & 4) - a mathematical mind is essential.
Apprentice accounts assistant
Company Accountant and COFA
To support the Accounts Department in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance in Cashier / Book – Keeping duties.
- To support the operation of the firms accounting system.
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
- To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw.
- To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
- To ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
- To assist in the entering of bills.
- To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
- To ensure that all authorised invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To deal directly with clients when receiving payment by cash, cheque or debit/credit card.
- To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving.
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
- To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as ‘approachable’.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to express oneself both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive way.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements.
- Good client / supplier handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
- Working knowledge of computers and software with good keyboard skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Practical experience of handling client/customer service enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- Practical/academic experience of accounts administration.
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of credit control.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
Please apply by going to our company website sinclairslaw.co.uk (about the firm - recruitment) and complete an application form and return it to Emma Monteiro firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date 26th June 2023 with a view to interview first/second week of July 2023, Start date, 5th September 2023; This advert will close earlier if there is a high volume of applicants so we encourage you to get your applications in soon.